How to Export Data
Baseball Stat Manager offers the ability to export data into a format that can be read by spreadsheet applications such as Microsoft Excel.
This allows coaches to take information out of Stat Manager's proprietary database format and into a format that is more universal and able to
be shared. The resulting comma separated value (.csv) can be modified and shared with the team
To export information in Stat Manager, follow these steps:
- Open the Export Data window by selecting Tools>Export Data
- Use the 'Data to Export' drop-down box to select the type of information to export
- Ensure that the data columns that you would like to export are checked. If you don't want to export a specific column,
make sure that it is unchecked
- Click the Save Button. Choose an easy-to-remember location on your computer, like the desktop or My Documents folder
Opening .csv File in Excel
- Locate the .csv file on your computer. Double click on the file name
- Resize or delete any columns you would like. You can also format the report as you would like it
- To save the file in a true Excel format, go to File>Save As in Excel
- When the Save As Dialog appears, choose a file name for your Excel file.
- Click the 'Save as type' drop-down box and select "Excel Workbook"
- Save the file. You can now re-open the new file as a full-fledged Excel formatted file. This file can be sent to others who also
use Microsoft Excel.